January 22, 2009

I Want Your Cream....

I’m in the market for creams, not “cream” but facials…wait, not “facials” but…well, ok, I’m looking for a moisturizer and eye cream. ((sigh)) I’ve decided to get started on this anti-aging thing before it’s too late. Prevention is the key and I already feel like I’m years behind. I’ve always used Oil of Olay moisturizer for as long as I can remember, although there was a time in my mid-20’s I’m ashamed to admit I didn’t use anything.


I believe I have read reviews on just about every product and I’ve narrowed the choices down to 2. The Olay Regenerist line seems tempting and quite promising from their reviews. Since I already use their moisturizer I would just assume stay with the Olay line. I was originally looking at their eye serum but read a review that the only difference between the Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum and the Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum is the size of the price, the size of the bottle, and the eye serum has some sort of light-reflecting particles that help with darkness under the eye. The eye serum is .5fl oz bottle for average $18-$24 and the Daily Regenerating Serum is the same price for 1.7fl oz bottle-so 3x as much for the same price! It has the same ingredients (with the exception of the light-reflecting particles); its same product. The reviews were basically, it’s a light gel, not heavy and greasy, pleasant smell, non-irritating, etc. and the results were softer skin, healthy skin, smoother skin, more youthful although it didn’t make the already established wrinkles disappear, it did make them softer. 9 out of 10 would repurchase.


Avon ANEW Clinical Eye Lift also had rave reviews. For about $28 you get a combo of upper eye gel and lower eye cream in the same jar. Apparently, this product really works for puffiness and dark circles as well as tightening of the upper lid. Women who used this product twice a day noticed astonishing improvements with diminished wrinkles and tighter skin on the eyelid and softer smoother skin under the eye. It even helped with dark circles. Some called it a “miracle product.” The huge CON is that it doesn’t contain sunscreen. Also, the under eye cream is heavy so wearing it under make-up causes your make-up to crease. Most remedied it by using the products at night or using only the under-eye cream at night. I noticed a lot of the best reviews came from older women 50’s to late 70s. A lot of the bad reviews came from women in their 20’s-mid 30s. I think I’ll side with my age group and pass.


I happen to adore Avon. They’ve revived their brand and really do have quality products. I’ve tried some of their ANEW products like the night cream and the moisturizer, but I found them heavy and too greasy for my skin. I swear by their Ageless Results Intensive Line Filler though ($13). It wears well under make-up and I notice a difference when I don’t use it daily. I’m interested in trying their other line filler product-ANEW CLINICAL Expression Line Filler ($35). The reviews make it sound like the Cadillac of Line Fillers-and for the price-it better be! It’s had no bad reviews! That must be a heck of a product.

So hey, there you have it-my picks for this year’s trial of hanging on to youth tooth and nail. If you try these products, let me know what you think about them. In this economy, my money is precious and I don’t want to waste it on a product in a fancy bottle that does nothing for me.

The Olay Regenerist line can be found at any drug store and grocery store.
You can find the Avon products at www.avon.com or your nearest Avon representative. (If you need a rep-let me know-I know plenty!)

No comments: