February 03, 2009

Reflections/Hair Did/Superbowl


Can you believe its February already? It seems like just last week we celebrated New Years. Boy, life can pass you by if you let it. Good thing we’ve been living it lately and taking advantage of almost every moment. This month I think I’ve made good strides for personal and spiritual growth. I’ve taken steps to learn how to communicate better and I’m learning how to filter my thoughts to get my point across without useless details. Communication isn’t one of my strongest suites but I hope to change that this year. I’m also learning how to relate with strong personalities which is awesome since we all seem to have them! Spiritually, the pinpoint-sized light at the end of the tunnel is now size of a very large beach ball and rapidly expanding. I feel so grateful these days of every day we have, everything we have, everything we’re able to do, and every one that shares their lives with us. I know it’s through His will that we’re all healthy, happy, and finally movin’ on up. My family is doing great; everyone is healthy and happy. Life’s too short for strife. I know even brighter days are yet to come and I am excited!

I finish the month with a 15lb weight loss. Not bad if I say so myself. I’m learning healthier habits, making better choices, and feeling really good about myself. I have a long way to go, but it took a long time to get where I was 15lbs ago. I’ve learned patience really is a virtue and now I can say its one of mine.

The beginning of the year has been incredible and if it’s any indication of what’s to come then I’m ready!!

February started with a much needed makeover, great fun, an abundance of good food, good people, laughter and love. I’m sure all the moving taking place this weekend was exhausting (I wouldn’t know since it was an “All About Jenn” pamper/makeover weekend) but it pays off with mom and Josh in an incredible place, with an incredible view, and more importantly, an incredible venue for the Cheesy Valentine’s Day Birthday Bash to take place! Look for more details on that in upcoming blogs…

Superbowl at Dev and Javi’s should be an annual event. They threw one heck of a party! Besides the Steelers making history and winning for 6th time in an INCREDIBLE game and the most memorable thus far, and probably the best Superbowl game in History, Temo was definitely the entertainment of the night! He was the life of the party and the comedy too! I bet he slept like a bear when it was all said and done. Hats off to the chefs for the tantalizing spread off everything from 5 different dips and 3 different salsas, to the chicken and beef perfectly grilled, to the meaty cheesy nacho goodness, to the arroz y frijoles refritos! Man, it was pretty much GONE by the end of the night. I kinda wish I had binged! I missed out man… Next year, I vote for a 2nd annual Dev and Javi Superbowl!

I don’t have a lot of pics since I forgot I had my camera with me, but here are the one’s I do have…Its of Superbowl and my hair-I put my hair pics in there because I LOVE IT! and you can actually see my weightloss! I haven't been able to tell, but these pics were NOT taken over and over to get the angle just right so I look thinner, they were taken straight on! I can't beleive it! One of these days I'll hook up a slideshow for ya...until that day, here's the link. Enjoy!

PS. Look how proud my Tio Jamie is-and this was BEFORE the Superbowl-I think you can see every TOOTH!

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc37/sweetgirlsugar/?action=view¤t=a87fb286.pbw

If that doesn't work-try this one:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ViewSlideshow.action?&collidparam=425449100107.769779366307.1233687937745

No comments: