January 12, 2009

Resolutions Week 2-New Challenges



Last week went pretty well. The mornings started with Mike (aka The Enforcer) confidently strolling toward me (the flirt), then tackling me to the ground (foreplay), opening mouth open (is it warm in here?) before he stuck a big, long, thick… multi-vitamin down my throat (not as satisfying…but sort of taste the same…). I managed to drink my 64oz everyday and I do at least a mile a day between running back and forth from my office to the bathroom (64oz is killing my bladder) and then the walk from my car to my office and back. But I didn’t actually make it a point to walk after work. This job has been kicking my butt! But I am changing it up this time- I’m upping the challenge this week to 3 miles 3x this week since there is a collaborate effort to walk at Studewood Park in the Heights. The full track is about 3 miles and it has hills too so it’s quite the workout. If I can make it there 3x this week that would be great! Breakfast and lunch were the same Mon-Thursday but my boss took me out to lunch Friday (whoo hoo for me!) I’ll continue eating the same thing Mon-Fri until I trust myself to eat differently…or until I get up earlier to actually make breakfast and lunch. I’m adding sit ups to my list this week. I used to be one of those people who did like 500 crunches every other day using the ball, the ab roller, the thing where you hold yourself up and lift your legs and every other contraption and medicine ball available. I did side crunches and leg lifts and a sort of Pilates before it was called Pilates. I was no where near a flat stomach, but my clothes fit better and I had a definite waist unlike now where it looks like I wear an inner tube under my clothes (Schlitterbaun anyone?). I’m gonna try to do at least 100 crunches every other night (25 regular crunch, 25 each side obliques, and 25 leg lifts) and I know Mike will be on my azz to do it. Maybe it’ll be kinky like the multi-vitamin (action twice a day-Score!) Anyway, here’s my list.

Week 2
1.) Drink 64oz of water a day.
2.) Walk 3 miles 3x this week.
3.) Eat the same breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday.
4.) Do sit-ups every other night

Stay tuned till next week where I attempt to weigh-in. Watch Out Now!

No comments: