January 02, 2009

Cookies with PUNKY POWER (Chocolate Chip)




I made White Chocolate Cranberry Walnut cookies for Mike’s office for Christmas. I was told that they were “generally liked” but I was quite surprised that no one fell over from “general” euphoria or “general” ecstasy. I know those cookies were good. The recipe still needs a little more perfecting but one thing I know is they were not “generally” likeable. They were pretty darn good! Lawyers…go figure. They’re always asking for more than you can possibly give!

Mike made specific mention that his co-worker (the one that looks like Punky Brewster-no kidding-like what you think Punky would look like as an adult but not like Soleil Moon Frye. She’s totally adorabler-even sounds like Punky) liked them enough to go back for seconds. Since she’s the only one who recognizes culinary genius when she tastes it, I decided to make her my cookie recipient this week. This week’s cookie is my Super-Chunk-O-Choco-Lover-Frikken-Crazy-licious cookie and it’s dedicated to the baby lawyers out there that haven’t let status get in the way of liking a humble dessert such as the cookie.

I have tried a million different chocolate chip cookie recipes and taken from here and there to create the most perfect, super duper moist, choco-chunky cookie. Since I’m not having children I need to have something that I can brag about so I’m not giving my recipe away, sorry. In the meantime, here’s one of my favorite recipes. In my quest to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie, this was one I came back to time and time again. I think you’ll like it too. Hopefully, Punky will come back with a review of my cookies soon. Either way, Enjoy!

Good Chocolate Chip Cookies
INGREDIENTS
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 teaspoons hot water
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
3.Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

one talented gurl iluv her i am a big fan

shonnie said...

shse is so cute she looks juat like my daughter destiny

Sweet Girl Sugar said...

Thanks Anonymous! I LOVE Fans!

Shonnie-I so wanted to be Punky...until I was 25...I bet your daughter is just ADORABLE! Thnx!

Anonymous said...

fdfdf