January 05, 2009

Resolutions....



It’s official-the first Monday of the New Year. That means its resolution time! But I don’t make resolutions, I make lists. Like:


1.) Stop opening all the fortune cookies to find the fortune I like.
2.) Stop eating so much cheese.
3.) Don’t be so gullible; a Brazilian wax is excruciating!
4.) Don’t lie.
5.) Read the instructions.
6.) Don’t be high maintenance.
7.) Stop putting my fingers in my mouth-I don’t know where they’ve been.

You know, stuff like that. But then there’s the one that is on everyone’s list…you know the one. Ya’ll all know I am comfortable with my figure, but I can stand to lose some pounds and inches here, here, and here (points to belly, thighs, and hair). Puerto Rico is coming up in less than 7 months so I gotsta get moving. Plus, it’s technically like our honeymoon so I want to look good for the beach, for the pictures, and for the hubs! Can you believe it’s been 10 years ya’ll?! So I’ve come up with this week’s list and I’ll continue adding as the weeks go by:

Week 1
1.) Drink 64oz of water a day.
2.) Walk 1 mile 3x this week.
3.) Eat the same breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday.

I usually drink like a fish (mostly liquor) but lately I haven’t been so diligent about getting my 64oz of water a day. I want to work up to a gallon again (water, not liquor) by the end of the month. The walking is definitely something I can do (when I drink water-not so much when I drink the liquor…at least not in a straight line anyway). I mean, getting to the gym is one thing, they’re pretty strict about not letting in the drunken; but the weather is nice right now so I can pump out 3 miles this week. As far as eating the same breakfast and lunch goes, it’s just easier for me to stick with the same thing for the week. I’m obsessive/compulsive like that. I get overwhelmed with too many options (like rum vs. vodka-how does anyone ever choose!). We’ll see how it goes.

Check out the pictures from New Years. It was a pretty cool house party. Good people, good food, good drinks, the fighting over the hidden empanadas….Good times….

I can’t figure out how to do the slide show so for right now-here’s the link…
http://tinyurl.com/7hlq9w

No comments: