December 31, 2009

2009 Jenni's "Do The Right Thing" List Recap



The year has just flown by! It was so short! But it was abundantly blessed. I’m so thankful for all the relationships I’ve made and all strives I’ve made to better myself. My family is where it should be-growing, my friends are in great places in their lives and are so loving and genuine, and my marriage is blessed and right on track, loving, laughing and learning everyday. Children are still not on the radar so don’t hold your breath but now we’re not totally counting them out. Can you say growth or what? Excitement came with the presidential elections, new jobs, newly found resolve to finally finish school, and had some not so happy moments that were tough like rough economy, megastar deaths (I’ll miss you sham wow guy) and the scary fire in the patio. People had “The Hangover” moments in Vegas,” got married (in Puerto Rico no less!), people had babies (the perfect kind), people got divorced (normally not a happy occasion but if you know how to celebrate it right it turns into a REALLY fun night!) and there was so much laughter and genuinely good times that it warms my core to reminisce. I need to get on my “list” since I don’t make resolutions so I dug up my list from last year for the recap and to help me create my 2010 plan of attack!

2009 Jenni’s “Do The Right Thing” List was:
1.) Stop opening all the fortune cookies to find the fortune I like. I can’t help it. Its not changing.
2.) Stop eating so much cheese. Temptation-thy name is Sharp Vermont Cheddar, Feta, and Manchego …Cheese is my nemesis. This goes back to the top of my list for 2010.
3.) Don’t be so gullible; a Brazilian wax is excruciating! Well, I definitely managed to NOT get Brazilian waxes this year. I sported the 70s look for a while, then went 80s and let my SOUL GLO, then hooked up the bald fade to end the year. We like it. Maybe in 2010 I’ll get a design like an Eagle or the R for the Rockets or something…As far as being gullible goes, I’m trusting. I don’t think that’s gonna change. I’ll take you for your word and its gonna be on your conscience if you do me wrong because I’m your biggest advocate and you’ll just be mean…
4.) Don’t lie…only lied to Mike about how much money I spend. I guess I could put it back on my 2010 List…and stop shopping so much.
5.) Read the instructions-that’s a no brainer.
6.) Don’t be high maintenance-well as you can see from 4 I didn’t follow this one to well. I have been on a binge for a hot minute but I’ll cool out. I take it as catching up to all the years I NEVER shopped. If you look at it like that then I actually saved him money! I started my Pre-30s anti-aging remedies which can be a little high maintenance, then I got my eyelashes done which is a little too Diva even for this diva! I’m not too high-maintenance-that’s just what girls do. The salon is our Barber Shop and I could go every week but don’t so in away I succeeded at this goal. Good for me **patting myself on the back**
7.) Stop putting my fingers in my mouth-I don’t know where they’ve been. Can’t help it. I learned in this semester’s psych class that its all Mom’s fault for taking me off the pacifier too early. I have an oral fixation…(leaving open for comments-pun kinda intended)

All joking aside, my biggest goal for 2009 was for spiritual growth, balance, and success and I have definitely found all three. With that said, it’s a continual process that can’t be defined as achieved because I don’t think I can ever become fully spiritually grown, have complete success, or be completely balanced. I’ll continue to strive to be my best, to give my best, to give my all, and continue to work toward balance and spiritual growth which will ultimately lead to my success. I hope my 3 fans that read this blog have a very happy, safe, and fun New Year and take a little time to reflect on the year’s past and plan for the year’s future. Its gonna be fun. Its gonna be prosperous. Its gonna be the best one yet ya’ll!

1 comment:

Samsunda cilingir said...

Siteniz cok guzel basarilarinizin devamini bekleriz