December 30, 2008

Auld Lang Syne


“Tis the season” is now officially over. As I embark on a new year (my best year yet) I can’t help to look back to the past year…(Cue Auld Lang Syne as the background music, cock head to the left, smile slightly, and let eyes gloss over). 2008 was a tough year. It was so much better than 2007 by far, but it was a little rocky. There were soaring gas prices ($40 for less than a half a tank of gas ya’ll!), plummeting stocks, bailouts, and Hurricane Ike which made us never take ice (crackers or canned sardines) for granted again! Great things happened too though, like rockin’ the vote, turning Houston BLUE, and electing the first black president! Even better-the Texans had an 8 and 8 season winning the last 6 games straight! I’m an Eagle fan but I have to congratulate my home team on a good season (for the Texans, it was an UNBELIEVABLE season).

This year I learned patience, prayer, and hustle! I was patient with the 6 interviews at BCM and 4 at TCH. I prayed for the Lord to guide me to where I need to go, for great opportunities, and for abundant favor. And I hustled. Including doing the hustle at Elena's Birfoween Bash! Yes I did. I “got it” as in I finally know that everything is a process and everything has seasons. I think I’m entering spring because I'm definately leaving the frigged winter. I started a business plan-and actually typed it! It’s up to 5 pages and it’s actually realistic. Hey I used to dream big and not realistic-but now I’m dreaming BIGGER and realistic. I got clarity. I am even motivated enough to register for decorating classes (start in January). And as for that abundant favor-I got the TCH job. Its challenging which keeps me motivated, in a new career field (HR) which has me ambitious enough to take a course or two online, and quite abundant in favor. It comes only 2 weeks before the New Year. I mean, really. That’s the power of the Alpha AND Omega. I’m sad to see 2008 go, but I am thrilled to see what the Lord has in store for my family, my marriage, and me! I don’t make resolutions but I will say that this year I will strive for spiritual growth, balance, and success-both personal and professional. Everything after 2008 is just icing on the cake!

Here's to your best year yet and the icing on your cake! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Luna Family Fun said...

lmao! I love the... "takes 2 hours to get ready because, unlike when you were 18"